Cerberus Integrated Effects & Controller
- Cerberus is a multi-function effect pedal which can be used standalone or with the 4 cable method and comes packed with extraordinary features including inside routing, IR loader, analog overdrive & distortion and digital effects
Each feature is another reason to own Cerberus!
- Cerberus is a multi-function effect pedal which can be used stand-alone or with the 4 cable method and comes packed with extraordinary features including inside routing, IR loader, analog overdrive & distortion and digital effects.
- You can use Cerberus as a stand-alone device to prepare your setup and control as a stomp-box chain and/or save any combinations including routing as a preset and recall by a single click.
- You can add your essential gears into the chain with using 4 cable method no matter which equipment you use. Cerberus also offers MIDI control to organize your own effect pedals and improve your effects control at the same time.
- We’ve put together 2 selected analog Drive / Distortion pedals, modulation effects and delay & reverb effects. All these sounds and effects were improvised both from the all-time-classic and newly most-liked gears.
- Overdrive (Blues Breaker): Cerberus Overdrive sound is a tribute to the 70’s Little Wing / Hendrix playing-style. The technology is only about 10 years ago but it quickly became one of the most-preferred overdrive sounds on the market. The Overdrive Channel simply takes your guitar tone to the next level without adding mid-frequencies or any other unwanted characteristics inherent in “Tube Screamer Style” circuits, and provides a transparent overdrive sound. Any pedal can sound amazing but when you create an effect chain, harmonizing the sound is critical for maximum efficiency.
- Distortion (Brown Anger): If you prefer high gain distortion with a Classic British flavor, rich bass responses, thick mid-frequencies and a balanced treble response, Cerberus Distortion will soon become one of your all-time-favorite sounds. We’ve also considered compatibility in respect to the Overdrive and Distortion channels. Whether you use distortion standalone or combine with overdrive, when you hit your distortion switch, you’ll feel the classic JCM touch on your sound.
- Drive section has analog circuitry with digital control parameters and it remains analog (AD/DA converter starts from the MOD FX section).
- Tremolo: Cerberus Tremolo creates authentic vintage tremolo guitar sounds and it is an easy-to-use compact effect but it offers wide parameters for precise effect tailoring.
- Phaser: It’s warm, organic, and rarely harsh and burnt-orange phaser. From simple and warm, to tuneful character melodic?
- Sleepy psychedelic swirl, with rich high-end harmonics, Cerberus’s Phaser is a joy to use.
- U-vibe: For guitarists who really dig the swirling vibes sound– especially in “vintage” mode, Cerberus’s U-Vibe offers a massive swirl, that’s true, it’s more than “feeling the U-Vibe” sound, you can jump on it. We made sure our U-Vibe effect included the classic favorites, and Cerberus has them ready
Chorus (CE – Analog, SC – Digital, ST – Modern)
- CE Chorus: This chorus type is from early years of Chorus effect. There is no any other vintage sound without an analog chorus touch.
- SC Chorus: SC Chorus adds a dreamy chorus sound and creates an ambient guitar tone. That’s another alternative chorus if you like a digital touch and to create and ensemble chorus effect.
- ST Chorus: This is the most common chorus effect. From clean arpeggios or strumming and fat-drive power chords to sparkling distortion killer solos, Cerberus ST Chorus fills in the gaps to complete your sound.
Delay (60’s, 70’s and 80’s)
- 60’s Delay (Tape Delay) 55ms – 550ms: Tape delay effects that never get old. We picked a heavy-lift tape echo and shrunk it to add one of the delay modes in Cerberus. In 60’s Delay mode you can create aged over-saturated repeats — the way tape does!
- 70’s Delay (BBD) 40ms – 400ms: This mode can handle all or your performance needs if you prefer to use analog-style repeats. It has a decreased modulation so you feel really the popular analog-like BBD sound repeats.
- 80’s Delay (Digital Delay) 80ms – 800ms: 80’s Delay sounds fantastic is super easy to use. Its simplicity makes it the best mode if you are already using modulation effects, and all you want are crystal clear repeats.
- All of the Delay effects provide an original sound and each one has its own delay speed range. When TAP TEMPO is activated, the Time Knob controls the repeat quantize and TAP TEMPO delay range is 125ms – 1500ms for all delay types. And while you tweak the Time Knob, it still allows you to have the original delay time range to emerge infinite feedback, run-away/oscillation as physical tape echo and BBD delay.
- Reverb (Plate, Hall and Spring)
- Plate Reverb: Plate reverb helps you to have the touch of reverb. If you are in need of a deep ambiance, long decay parameters will give you the deepest but also versatile and organic reverb sound.
- Hall Reverb: It offers the spacious feeling of a well-architected performance hall with natural reflections in a studio quality reverb effect.
- Spring Reverb: Based on a tank sound, get the warmth and richness of a vintage reverb unit with Cerberus’s Spring Reverb function.
Impulse Response Loader
- Cerberus has stereo outputs: one is a dedicated Output with speaker simulation for direct connection to the mixer or your audio interface. When using both Outputs, you can activate or deactivate by pressing the Speaker Cab Sim button. This comes in handy when running 2 amps. The headphone output is cabin simulated and ready-to-play. It can run any 3rd party IR files as well.
Features and Requirements of Cerberus’s IR loader:
- Built-in IR: High-Quality 4×12 Closed Back Cabinet
- Zero Latency
- 44.1kHz Sampling Rate, 24-Bit
- Max Resolution: 512 Samples
- Nux factory cabs and 3rd party IR files can be loaded to Cerberus via Cerberus Editor software (coming soon)
4 Cable Method Connection
- You can connect your all-time-favorite gear to Cerberus by placing it between analog and digital sections. You can use any combination of amps or pedals you desire.
- More Features
- An integrated loop switcher, IR loader, kill dry function, 0 to 20dB volume boost and an accurate tuner into a simple-to-use floor unit. Great tone, ultimate flexibility, easy control, and extreme portability make Cerberus ideal for all players. It also has an additional foot control switch for the selected functions of your choice and you can also connect an expression pedal while it becomes a volume control option before the digital section.
- Control switch can be assigned as Reverb, Mod FX, Drive Section Bypass or Clean Boost (0dB – 20dB)
- MIDI Implement / Global Settings
- When you’re using any kind of MIDI-compatible pedals and stompboxes, they are extremely handy when paired with a rack processors or even a guitar effects software. Cerberus provides full MIDI implementations that you can use and combine with any MIDI-supported gear.
WHAT IS IN THE BOX
- 1 x NUX Cerberus
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x 3m Cable
- 1 x Power Adapter